Monday, September 14, 2009

Patrick Swayze 1952-2009

Patrick Swayze passed away Monday after a 20-month battle against pancreatic cancer. That's a hell of a fight, but I wouldn't expect anything less from the man behind Dalton in Road House and Bodhi in Point Break (and Pecos Bill in Tall Tale: The Unbelievable Adventures of Pecos Bill. Where my '90s brethren at?). Swayze was an actor who could hit every demographic - mainstream and cult, guy and gal. He was a lover and a fighter, and he had a sense of humor about his own fame. I'll always love him for Road House and Point Break, but he's got plenty of other iconic moments in his canon - Red Dawn, Ghost, Dirty Dancing, Donnie Darko, The Outsiders, North and South, and of course, the Chipendale's sketch from Saturday Night Live. But enough from me. Let's celebrate the man with my two favorite Swayze moments:



No comments:

Post a Comment